01-27-2020 07:18 AM
To start off, I have looked at all the solutions for this problem and have tried them, they haven't worked.
My printer is only printing in black and white, when I go to look for color options there is none listed, so I cannot turn off grey scale. I'm not sure what else I can do and I'm hoping for some kind of miracle.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-29-2020 02:00 PM
@tmccunn Greetings from the HP Community!
I recommend you try the copier as a stand-alone device without a computer and check if that works in color,:
- If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware issue,
- however, if the copier works and yet, the print out from the computer doesn't work in color, you can try the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: CLICK HERE
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-17-2020 03:04 PM
@tmccunn That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,
Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,
We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee