Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hope that a community member can help to solve my printer problem with HP ENVY 4525:

Both black and colour inks are no longer printing.

Initially the printer worked properly; I use Windows 10, 64 bit.

Both cartridges are original HP products, almost 25% ink is still available.

I already followed all recommendations posted here: complete reinstallation of all printer drivers, in addition all HP files had been deleted from the PC.

Reinstallation was completed successfully, both for WiFi mode and with USB cable.

Printer accepts any new print job, but no black or colour traces of ink appear on the paper after printing.

All attempts with cartridge cleaning are unsuccessful; printer does not recognize or indicate any errors.

Thanks in advance for any support

Alpy

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Alpy

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does the same happen while copying in black or color?

If you've another set of ink cartridges do try that.

In addition you can also perform the steps you haven't from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/11534748/d...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty0610!

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, when copying in black/color no trace of ink appears on paper, the same findings as when printing.

I do not believe this is a cartridge issue; all print heads show that ink is available.

All suggested steps did not make any difference.

Any other idea?

HP Recommended

@Alpy

Let's try these steps -

1) Take out the cartridges.

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Wait for 30 seconds. 

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita!

Thank you for your feedback.

I completed all your suggested steps – I’m sorry to say: nothing changed.

Printer firmware is working with latest version.

Any other recommendation?

HP Recommended

@Alpy What do you mean the printer firmware is working with latest version? Could you elaborate?

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Asmita6658 had mentioned “try updating the printer's firmware”.
A printer firmware test indicated that no update is available..

HP Recommended

Since the ink is at 25%, you could try changing the ink cartridges. If you do not wish to try that step, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.