dddog
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer prompts me to load paper when paper is already loaded

OfficeJet Pro 476dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I occasionally print with Executive stationery which I load into Tray 1 (Manual).  I have set my print command to print from Tray 1.  Even though my paper is loaded in Tray 1 before I hit the print command, the printer still prompts me to load paper in Tray 1.  I have to get up and walk to the printer and hit okay, then it will print.  How can I keep this from happening?  It's very annoying.   Secondly, when it does print, it sometimes (but not always) feeds a blank sheet through, then prints on the second sheet to feed through.  This is annoying because the top sheet is pre-printed letterhead (name and address at top) and the second sheet is, well, the second sheet and is not pre-printed.    So I often end up with my date and salution on the second sheet, not the first sheet with the pre-printed name and address (header).  How do I fix this?  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation