02-07-2020 09:15 AM
HP ENVY 6234: I have just bought and installed this printer. It is hooked on a wireless link to a computer running Windows 10 . Printer (including scanner function) works fine except for one thing which is irritating. When I print any document it stays in the Windows print queue when it has finished printing which means I then need to manage the print queue and manually cancel the job. If i don't the next document just joins the queue. I cannot see where I can fix this.
02-10-2020 05:06 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Try to print.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer driver.
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee