Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was recently given an HP OfficeJet 8610, and it worked fine with my Windows 7 64-bit system until yesterday. Suddenly, for no reason that I can see, the print results became oversaturated and darker than their on-screen counterparts. Now, I understand absolutely nothing of color profiles, color management, or any of that - ZERO. Its complete gibberish to me. I use Photoshop CS2 as my design and printing software, and the default settings had always worked out fine. I ran the OfficeJet's printhead cleaning routine, all three times...and the results were perfect. I also realigned it, and reset the printer by unplugging then replugging the power cord. Still, I get oversaturated and dark prints; what's going on?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Moviefan2k4 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried running all three cleaning levels with the printhead, and the alignment routine as well. The last time it functioned properly was probably a week ago, but now every document I've tried printing has come out with the colors wayy too intense, and the overall darkness maybe 50% past what it should be. This was most evident when I tried printing an image with lots of cyan; it came out dark blue instead.

HP Recommended

Hi @Moviefan2k4 ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Please make a test page and send it to me , If possible to narrow down the issue and assist you further with relevant steps. 🙂

Keep me posted. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I printed off the test pages before, multiple times, and there was never any problem...which is what made this whole thing so confusing. I finally got someone from HP on the phone, and they had me manually disconnect and clean the contacts on the printhead. After that, my results were still messed up, so they said the printhead was taking in too much ink. Since my printer's out of warranty, they said a new printhead would be $120, and I don't have it.

HP Recommended

Hi @Moviefan2k4 ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and have taken all the steps identified here, and by HP.  The color reproduction is ridiculous: grey reveals as purple, etc.  The subject of the photo fairly "glows" the color is so oversaturated.   If I posted a picture showing the result vs. the photo, HP would be very embarrassed.  I cannot use the printed results from this printer, they aren't usable.

HP Recommended

@Vladimir999,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.