Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hey All! 

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a HP ENVY photo 6234 which I purchased only 2 weeks ago.  I use this mainly to print greeting cards on cardstock which I have had no problem including today. 

However I continued to print a greeting card and the rollers are delayed in pushing this through so everything is out of line? I tested this with plain paper and it worked perfectly. I have tried changing all the paper settings but there isn't one for card, ive reset, ive cleaned and aligned in all of the settings and have no idea what else I can do next. 

As I said ive been printing on the exact same card no problem so im not sure whats happening. Another thing I do notice that when I open the paper tray the paper seems to move back (towards me) so not sure if this anything to do with it?

I would be so greatful for any help or suggestions ive wasted soo much ink and card and not to mention a whole day 

😞 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @becca_95,

I read your post and i understand your facing issues in printing on cardstock (greeting card).

I'd like to help.

1. What is the size of the cardstock you are using?
  2. What is the weight of it?
  3. What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

Make sure to select the right paper size and type, refer to Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hey!

thank you for your response. 

I’m printing on 300gsm A4 plain card, I never normally have an issue with this. I exported it from gravit designer as a png as normal and this didn’t work, ive also tried in a pdf format. 

I printed the same design on a textured 300gsm card and that was fine. I’m not sure what else to try 

HP Recommended

The printer does not support the plain card you are using.

Refer to the document to know the media supported by the printer: HP ENVY Photo 6234 All-in-One Printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.