01-29-2016 01:23 PM - edited 01-29-2016 02:35 PM
It turns out I needed to reset the date and time. Try it.
1. Go to your printers ip address print or copy down the iP address.
2. Then go to your http://(insert ip address here.) On a tablet or pc/laptop or anything that connects to the web.
3. Then go into settings.
4. Find the date & time spot on the column
5. Then enter the correct date and time (mine was set 01/19/2022
6. Then click or tap to apply.
I think I write so therefore I am.
02-03-2016 02:23 PM
I had the exact same problem. I worked on it for 3 hours last night changing subnet mask numbers and DNS server numbers. Nothing worked. I called the HP instant ink phone number 844-785-2777. The first thing the technician asked me was what DATE I had on the printer. I told him I didn't know because my cat had just walked on the printer and the date commands had flashed up on the touch screen. When I looked at the date it had been set for 10 years in the future! The technician had me correct the date and instantly the printer was able to reconnect with web services. Sometimes you can't make this stuff up!
09-06-2016 02:02 PM
Have you attempted any of the suggestions in this thread? This error is typically the result of poor communication with the Instant Ink server and not the actual printer hardware. Make sure you have tried all of the following:
- Power cycle the printer and router (unplug them both for at least 45 seconds).
- Change the DNS settings to 188.8.131.52 (primary) and 184.108.40.206 (alternate).
- Check your date and time settings are correct.
09-27-2017 02:07 PM
E-roq, I have the same problem and will call the suggested number... Thanks, but I have a question - If you are a HP Representative, why don't you call the number and tell them to get this problem fixed? It's all over this forum...