cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks sumday. I was able to remove web services then re-enable and follow the instructions on the printout to get it working again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It turns out I needed to reset the date and time. Try it.

1. Go to your printers ip address print or copy down the iP address.

2. Then go to your http://(insert ip address here.) On a tablet or pc/laptop or anything that connects to the web.

3. Then go into settings.

4. Find the date & time spot on the column

5. Then enter the correct date and time (mine was set 01/19/2022

6. Then click or tap to apply.

Sarah MArrie Burge
I think I write so therefore I am.
Highlighted
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cool beans 🙂 I found the cure after 20+ minutes

Sarah MArrie Burge
I think I write so therefore I am.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem. I worked on it for 3 hours last night changing subnet mask numbers and DNS server numbers. Nothing worked. I called the HP instant ink phone number 844-785-2777. The first thing the technician asked me was what DATE I had on the printer. I told him I didn't know because my cat had just walked on the printer and the date commands had flashed up on the touch screen. When I looked at the date it had been set for 10 years in the future! The technician had me correct the date and instantly the printer was able to reconnect with web services. Sometimes you can't make this stuff up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need help I dont hav time to call and think its unfair that my 8610 printer is having these issues. I need to print and this is unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,544 3,408 221 571
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @al23jc

Have you attempted any of the suggestions in this thread? This error is typically the result of poor communication with the Instant Ink server and not the actual printer hardware. Make sure you have tried all of the following:

• Power cycle the printer and router (unplug them both for at least 45 seconds).
  • Change the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (alternate).
  • Check your date and time settings are correct.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's what was wrong with mine.  Thank-you so much for posting this!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

E-roq, I have the same problem and will call the suggested number... Thanks, but I have a question - If you are a HP Representative, why don't you call the number and tell them to get this problem fixed? It's all over this forum...

LJG8615

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation