01-21-2019 01:49 AM
error message says " Printhead missing or misaligned ". I removed and reinstalled it and the message does not go away. The printer does not have a reset button. I did unplug it, but that didn't change anything.
01-22-2019 12:55 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community
Please perform a printer reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Then update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
If the issue persists, please follow the instructions in Solution Two from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04100778 to reseat the printhead
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee