Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600

My printer shows a printer error.  I have turned the printer on and off.  I have unplugged power from printer and wall.  I have removed and reinserted ink cartridges and I have not resolved the issue.  Help!  I'm fed up with this printer!  This happened two months ago and the removal of ink cartridges solved the problem...no such luck this time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions but still had the printer error.  I then  went to the HP Scan Doctor  app for assistance.  The problem was diagnosed as an ink cartridge problem.  The suggestion was to change the ink cartridges because they were either damaged or empty (although I don't understand why the printer error would not have simply been low ink instead), anyway I purchased over $70 in new ink cartridges, replaced the ones in the printer and now all is well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @NellieBee1 - Greetings!

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I’d like to help with the printer issue 🙂

I see that you are getting printer error message. Appreciate all your efforts. I’d suggest you update the printer firmware and check.

Go to http://hp.care/2p1TXzM download and update the printer firmware.

Now, try a power drain as suggested below:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions but still had the printer error.  I then  went to the HP Scan Doctor  app for assistance.  The problem was diagnosed as an ink cartridge problem.  The suggestion was to change the ink cartridges because they were either damaged or empty (although I don't understand why the printer error would not have simply been low ink instead), anyway I purchased over $70 in new ink cartridges, replaced the ones in the printer and now all is well.

HP Recommended

Hello, @NellieBee1

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.