12-23-2019 01:04 PM
Hi all! Merry Christmas! I have a 1512 all-in-one printer. I have noticed that one particular setting is not staying as I put it. I first realized this when printing a document. It was going super slow. I eventually realized that the paper setting was on photo paper. Every time I set it to standard paper it changes back to photo paper. Can someone tell me how to get it to stay put? I have to go in and change the setting each time I print something or it prints super slow. Thanks!
12-25-2019 01:35 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Make sure to save the preferred setting as default.
Refer to 'Saving preferred print settings as a new shortcut or as defaults for all print jobs' in this document.
If the issue persists, reinstalling the driver may help.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-25-2019 02:22 PM
Thanks for the reply! I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver. One thing I just noticed is that if I try to print something that I have in "My Documents" the setting is on plain paper as it should be. But if I try to print something in an email the setting is photo paper. I didn't realize there were two places for settings. How can I change those settings?
12-26-2019 08:05 AM