Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)

Printer showing multiple times in System Preferences macOS10.13

Product Name: HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer series
Operating System: macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have macOS 10.13 and my printer shows up three times in the list of connected printers in settings.

Twice as  ENVY 4520 and once as ENVY 4520 Series 3.

Which one is correct and can I remove any?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (93 Views)

Re: Printer showing multiple times in System Preferences macOS10.13

Hi @christopherjohn,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you see multiple printer copies in the system preferences.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall all the printer from system preferences. Follow the steps in the below article to uninstall the printer.

http://hp.care/2CHdcCY

Once all the printers are uninstalled, follow the steps in the below article and install the printer again on your computer.

http://hp.care/2CJ19VF

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

Hi

did what you suggested using HP uninstaller which led to new printer install after complete. Did this also and everything works but I do have two printers showing

1) HP ENVY 4520 series AirPrint, and

2) HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One

I have both printer connections available with my Mac -  WiFi and USB. What would you recommend I select as default 

I do have  iPads too 

Thanks for your help

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (71 Views)

Hi,

I believe this is happening because your printer is connected via USB to your computer.  By clicking on the printer and looking at what "Location" is saying, of the printer's location should have your mac's computer name and this would be the USB one. Not sure if the USB connection is needed since you have Wi-Fi AirPrint, you could either remove that and the associated installed printer, or remove the Wi-Fi AirPrint install and keep the USB one when printing from your computer. It won't affect printing from your iOS devices to that printer.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation