10-21-2019 12:04 PM
Installed a new HP desktop about a month ago. Couple days ago a problem developed where our printer starts to run for 5-10 seconds every hour or so then goes back to dormant.
Printer is about 2 1/2 years old.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-23-2019 05:19 PM
@BraddahB, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
To assist you better, kindly describe the issue with the printer.
Does it enter sleep mode?
How is the printer connected to the PC?
For now, let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee