Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540 All in One
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Hi, my printer has suddenly stopped detecting my wireless network. When I switch the printer on, the blue wireless light keeps blinking and there's an exclamation mark on the printer screen. I still have the same wifi network as before and have not changed it or its settings. I have not physically moved the printer, and the wireless is working fine for all computers, iPads and phones.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Utility Set Up software but it could not detect the printer to set it up.  I also tried running Diagnostic Results but all the results said "Not Run" , "Not applicable" or 'None". I can't even get an IP address for my printer. 

My laptop can detect the printer if I switch on the Wireless Direct button and I connect to that network on my laptop, but that's about it. I would prefer to connect the printer to the wifi so I can print from all my devices (phone, iPad etc). The printer is less than 6 months old and I don't understand what's wrong with it. Can you please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Sue1990,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I understand that your Deskjet 2540 All-In-One Printer is not connecting to your wireless network. I can help you with that.

To connect the printer to your network again you will need to run the USB cable from the printer to your Mac OSX 10.7 machine. Once that is done open Applications, Hewlett-Packard, and inside this folder you will find a program with a name similar to Setup Assistant. If you run that program then you will find the options to connect your printer back to your wireless network.

Please let me know how this works for you and let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great evening!

If this resolves your issue then please help other users find this post by clicking on Accept as Solution on my post.

If you appreciate my help then please let others know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @Sue1990,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I understand that your Deskjet 2540 All-In-One Printer is not connecting to your wireless network. I can help you with that.

To connect the printer to your network again you will need to run the USB cable from the printer to your Mac OSX 10.7 machine. Once that is done open Applications, Hewlett-Packard, and inside this folder you will find a program with a name similar to Setup Assistant. If you run that program then you will find the options to connect your printer back to your wireless network.

Please let me know how this works for you and let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great evening!

If this resolves your issue then please help other users find this post by clicking on Accept as Solution on my post.

If you appreciate my help then please let others know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Worked like a charm, didn't even realise there was a cable in that box, I didn't need it during the original set up. Thanks

HP Recommended

My CP1025nw color has stopped connecting. We set it up this morning and it was working fine. We went out and when we got back the wifi light flashes and doesn't connect. I have a Mac with El Capitan 10.10 and have no set up driver in the HP folder, just HP ePrint. Is there anything I can do to help reconnect the printer to the wifi? There is no problem with the wifi and the printer is in the same room as the router with direct sight.

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

My HPOfficePro 8600 printer was printing through wifi to my Mac computer. Then it stopped. I reset the Wizard on the printer and uninstalled/reinstalled the HP driver.  Worked again, then it stopped. Now the driver is missing from my applications, and the computer cannot communicate with the printer so I can't reinstall the driver.  Suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but on my ipad 6th gen, I really need to fix this as soon as possible becuase my printer (hp deskjet 2545) is a must for my studies since we have a lot of handouts to print. 

Hoping for your immediate help. Thank you 

HP Recommended

My hp deskjet 2545 can’t connect to the wifi connection and I’m using my ipad 6th gen 

how to solve this? I need to fix my printer as soon as possible

hoping for your immediate response. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.