Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Ink Tank 419
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two days ago I bought a new printer. When I try to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page my printer stop to feed paper after ten centimeters of printing. Printheads continue to work. Ink continue to flow on paper! So if i do not stop it by pressing cancel ink stains will appear on the paper.

The problem always occurs with the Print Quality Diagnostic page. No matter how I start to print this page. Through Press and hold the Start Color Copy button for 3 seconds. Through web interface or HP Assistance software. Or after printhead cleaning. The problem never occurred with any other pages.

I have some other problems with print quality like white line on magenta or increased width of vertical black lines.

Firmware version KEP1FN1805KR PATCH = 0

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@kcrotor,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the Printer was working fine?
  • Are you facing the same issue when you make a copy?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

2.Remove USB cable, if present.

3.Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

4.Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

5.Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below artilce.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443371

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My answers to yours questions are:

• Never
  • No
  • No
  • I have tried to reboot printer (the same way you proposed), update firmware, reset printer to factory defaults and use HP troubleshooting software, reinstall HP software and drivers, connect printer to different computers.

My printer is now in the local HP service center

HP Recommended

@kcrotor,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My story continues.

Today my printer came from local service center. They replaced the entire printer witrh a new one! The new printer came with the firmware version KEP1FN1805JR. After installation it worked fine and successfully printed Print Quality Diagnostic page. Until I had clicked "Update Firmware" button in its web interface. After that the firmware version is updated to KEP1FN1805KR and my problem BEGINS AGAIN!! My NEW PRINTER is stuck on printing Print Quality Diagnostic page again!
It is definetely a firmvare bug! How can I roll back the firmware to version KEP1FN1805JR?

HP Recommended

@kcrotor,

There is no option to rollback the printer firmware. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with the tech support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette wrote:

@kcrotor,

There is no option to rollback the printer firmware. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with the tech support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

I have the same problem with hp 415 inktank. After automatic update to KEP1FN1805KR firmware the printer quality diagnostics page stuck on while printing colorlok logo. I think there should be an update for this firmware. Note that the other functions are working normally like colour and bw printing. I attached the print out photo . IMG_20190218_001306.jpg

HP Recommended

@fbrn,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Below is the latest firmware update available for your printer. Please install it and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/itw410/ITW410_R1737K_1805K.exe

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

Unfortunately, when I tried to install https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/itw410/ITW410_R1737K_1805K.exe,

the software says it's already updated to latest firmware which is KEP1FN1805KR.(Installation is disabled then)

Will be there a near future update on KEP1FN1805KR version firmware or driver about this problem?

BR,

fbrn

HP Recommended

@fbrn,

I am not sure when will a new firmware will be released for the printer. Please keep checking HP website for the updated firmware.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.