06-17-2018 08:26 AM
Hiya - my Officejet printer is still under warranty (just) but thought I'd run this past you guys first. The touchscreen display has stopped working. The printer itself works still, all necessary lights are on...the screen simply doesn't work. Am I missing something obvious like a simple push of a button somewhere....or should I go straight to Customer Support (not that my office hours fit around their call centre hours grrr). Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-18-2018 04:21 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Flower_Bud is at your service.
As I understand, printer touchscreen is not working,
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
Have you performed Firmware update from your PC?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Perform Firmware Update: Follow steps from the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168
If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our phone support:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on "Continue as guest".
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
06-19-2018 11:42 AM
Flower_Bud - thank you, you are a star. Your solution seems to have done the trick (the power off solution I mean). It may seem a trivial problem to the many millions out there but being a novice, your advice was invaluable. Thank you 🙂
06-19-2018 12:09 PM
I see that you were interacting with @Flower_Bud. I'd like to help.
Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate your time and effort.
Good to know that issue is resolved.
Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.
I am an HP Employee
01-13-2020 09:20 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee