2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer will not allow maintenance

OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer will not perform maintenance.

1 - If I choose 'Print Quality Diagnostics Page' I receive the message "“The print quality diagnostics information failed to print.”".

2 - If I choose 'Align Printheads', I select 'Next" and this message appears: “The alignment page failed to print.

3 - If I choose 'Clean Printheads' then I get "The cleaning process failed.

4 - If I choose 'Clean Printer', I select 'OK' and this message: "Clean not started."

I have re-installed the driver.  No change.

How do I maintain my print heads?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,116 21,071 1,771 2,849
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hawkman52 Welcome to HP Community!

It looks like you've done almost everything that could possibly resolve the issue, although, I suggest you perform a hard reset using the below steps:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: 

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

And if the issue persists, I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: Click here to know how the private message function works. 

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hawkman52
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, Riddle_Decipher:

Your response mentioned "using the below steps" but I can find no steps.

Please remember that I need to perform maintenance on my OfficeJet Pro 6968 and currently the 'system' will not allow it.

Thanks for your help.

Harold Hawken

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,116 21,071 1,771 2,849
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hawkman52 I have updated the post, seems to have not posted due to a glitch, I'm glad you brought that up,

That said, if it doesn't work, do check the private message and let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation