01-19-2014 07:59 PM
My printer (HP Photosmart C4680) will not communicate with my laptop running Windows 7. The printer is connected via USB cable. The printer is listed in the Devices and Printers window and is selected as the default printer. I have downloaded and reinstalled the appropriate drivers to no avail. I have unplugged the printer and deleted the device and then plugged it back in, to no avail. I have gone to Printer Properties and attempted to print a test page. It says that a test page has been sent to the printer but nothing happens. Please help - I am at wits end!
01-27-2014 05:38 PM - last edited on 02-24-2017 03:40 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you are unable to print a document using your Photosmart C4680. When installing this printer, did you connect the USB cable to the computer during the installation?
Please make sure your printer isn't "Offline". Follow these steps on your computer: (This information was stated here.)
- Click on your Start Menu, then Devices and printers
- Right-click the name of the product, and then click See what's printing .
- On the print queue menu bar, click Printer , and then look for the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline items in the menu.
- Make sure that there is no check mark next to either item. If a check mark displays next to either item, click to clear it.
- Click the Windows icon ( ), type admin in the Search programs and files box, and then click Administrative Tools .
- Double-click Services .
- Right-click Print Spooler .
- Click Stop to stop the Print Spooler.
- Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.
- Restart the computer.
- Try to print a document
06-29-2016 06:13 PM
I am using an HP DeskJet 1112. It has stopped communicating with my computer. When I tell it to print it will print a blank page. I have a USB connection to printer and computer.
- HP Printers - Minimum security settings for products on the open Internet
- HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)
- HP Printers - Cannot Print When One of the HP Ink Cartridges is Empty
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?