Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having issues with my printer and connecting to my wireless network.  This printer has been installed and working for months and then suddenly it will not connect to the wireless network.

I have not changed routers or settings, the printer did work for 6 months or so on this network. 

I have attempted factory resets, etc. to get this working with no luck.  The wireless network test results show a No Filtering Fail

I have checked my router and MAC address setting is set to allow all.

Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Thanks,

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @TSmith88,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the printer is not connecting to your wireless network.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/docum...

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
The printer was working fine up to about a couple of weeks ago. Just stopped one day. No changes were made to hardware or software.
HP Recommended

Hi @TSmith88,

Thank you for the information.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2CrHuZn

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have attempted this the HP Print and Scan Doctor again in attempts to fix.  This did not work.  My printer will still not connect to the wireless netowork that it had previously been connected to. 

I still get an error everytime I attempt a connection and when I print the error page it shows the same message

>Settings

- Printer Settings Consistent with Wireless Router Settings                                 PASS

- No Filtering                                                                                                                          FAIL

- Channel                                                                                                                                     Not Run

- Security                                                                                                                                     PASS

HP Recommended

Hi @TSmith88,

Thank you for the information.

Is the printer connected to the network? Check the wireless light. If the light is steady blue, then the printer is connected to the network. If the light is flashing, then the printer is not connected to the network. Go to Setup - Network - Wireless setup wizard to connect the printer to the network.

Once the printer is connected to the network, then assign a static IP to the printer:

Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.

Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Now, try the steps below to install the printer over the network:

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Restart your computer.

Open the Run window (Press Windows logo key + R), type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.

Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.

Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.

Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.

Click on http://hp.care/2ptjjHb and install the software.

Select Wireless option on the connection page and then finish the installation.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

While I appreciate the level of detail in your response, it does not address the key issue as stated in my intial subject line.

It seems that no matter what I do, I cannot get my printer to connect to my wireless network.  It was previously connected to this same network.  It detects that it is there.  It attempts to connect.  But everytime it fails.   When the report is printed it states that it is a No Filtering Fail.

I have attempted to add the MAC address into my router and turned MAC filtering on... no connection.  I have left the MAC address in the router and turned MAC filtering off... no connection.

This my entire issue.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi @TSmith88,

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same issue, from my research it appears HP updated all of our printers with faulty code, hence why they moved that conversation to "private" message. Well....Please send it to me too!!!!!!

HP Recommended

@sdfwefadfvdfv,

Thanks for posting in the support forums. I have reviewed the post.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks for visiting the HP support forums.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.