Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have been using an HP officejet 8600 for many years, but recently it has stopped connecting to my wireless network, with the same "no filtering FAIL" error. The router is an apple airport time capsule running software version 7.9.1.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BF2020

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are your other devices working fine with the router?

Let's restore the network settings on the Printer: Touch the Wireless button and navigate to Restore Wireless Defaults.  

Once done, run the wireless setup wizard to get the Printer connected back to the Wi-Fi.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610 wrote:

@BF2020

Are your other devices working fine with the router?

Other devices on the network are connecting perfectly as before. 

Let's restore the network settings on the Printer: Touch the Wireless button and navigate to Restore Wireless Defaults.  

Once done, run the wireless setup wizard to get the Printer connected back to the Wi-Fi.

Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference -- the printer will still not connect to the network. I did however discover that the printer is able to connect to the guest network from my router, which has no password. However, I would much prefer that it be connected to the secure regular network, as before.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

You may try these steps: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchl35ef40f7/mac

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.