Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aws37334
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer will not power on

Have a HP OfficeJet 4630 that will not power on. Have been through the unplug, plug, drain power steps several times. No Luck. Even replaced the power adapter, no luck. Back through the unplug, plug, drain power. Nothing. Any help appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
aws37334
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Correction HP 4630 not 4639.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,261 23,217 1,945 3,070
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aws37334 Greetings from the HP Community! 

The printer does not turn on or respond when you press the Power button. All the lights are off, and there is no noise or movement from the printer.

Depending on the printer model, the power supply might include a power module inside the printer (internal), a power module that is separate from the printer (external), or a rechargeable battery if you have a mobile printer. For steps to resolve the issue, choose your printer power supply type.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
aws37334
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've already replaced the internal power module with no results. Went through all the unplug, drain any stored power, plug again with new power module and no results. Printer is out of warranty so I guess I'll just have to use it for a boat anchor.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,640 19,628 1,296 1,961
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aws37334,

I recommend you contact support and check the available service options as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
aws37334
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Followed your link and it only goes through the exact steps that I've completed a dozen times. Couldn't find a number to talk with anyone as the printer is out of warranty. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,640 19,628 1,296 1,961
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aws37334,

Please let me know your country (Region) in a private message and I will send you the contact number to reach support.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation