Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4650 All-in-One Printer

Have turned off router and back on.  Turned off printer and back on.  Printed HP Network Configuration Page.  It shows printer is connect to the network and is Ready.  On the printer display there is only a blue dot.  The wi-fi symbol is not lit up.  Print will go to the outque but does not show a status and does not print.  Message comes up that printer is off line.  How do I get it to print?  Have had this problem before and was able to fix it by deleting the printer and reinstalling.  Now it deleted the printer but it can not find it when I try to Add a Printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DAB8845

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, your printer is showing offline,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

What is the operating system on PC? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Power drain

1) Turn off the Router, Printer and the computer.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer and check the functionality

Step 2: Only for Windows PC

Download and Run HP Print and Scan Doctor:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Step 3: Try assigning a static IP address and a manual DNS address:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know how this goes,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DAB8845

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, your printer is showing offline,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

What is the operating system on PC? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Power drain

1) Turn off the Router, Printer and the computer.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer and check the functionality

Step 2: Only for Windows PC

Download and Run HP Print and Scan Doctor:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Step 3: Try assigning a static IP address and a manual DNS address:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know how this goes,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended
Not sure what happened. Started going through your suggestions and had also deleted the printer and reinstalled and then gone through the wireless setup wizard again. In the end it has started printing again. Thanks for your help
HP Recommended

@DAB8845

Thanks for the reply,

It looks like you were interacting with Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 
I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service.

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.