Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have been having some trouble with my HP Deskjet 3755. The printer is connected to WiFi but will not print from any of my devices. I turned firewall off and re downloaded the newest software to my laptop. The WiFi is now recognized on my printer and acts wireless but is still not printing. Printer says it is offline. This problem started after I put in a new black ink cartridge with HP ink. All devices say printer is offline. Printer will only print a blank page after aligning ink cartridges and sanitizing cartridges from my laptop. No writing is on the page or colored bars. I don't know what more to do. It's something with the printer if all devices won't work. Although the printer itself still works and connects fine to the internet. Also HP program on laptop says printer is recognized and working correctly. Any help would be great. 

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @t_martino

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "print quality" issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Maintain Your Printer.

4. On the Device Services tab, click Print Quality Diagnostics Page .

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24, 

Thank you for responding. I tried your suggestions and the printer will still not print or copy. I plug it in and turn it on, and it connects to the internet. When I go to print any type of document from my laptop, tablet, or phone it says the printer is offline or not available at this time. Software on all devices is up to date. When I try to print the diagnostics page that is shown, a blank piece of copy paper prints out and there's small blotches of black ink on the corners of the paper. Both cartridges do not work at all, but both are at full levels. 

HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the ink cartridges?

Could you check the cartridge expiration date ?

Were you able to try the single cartridge mode?

HP Recommended

I have cleaned and sanitized the ink cartridges multiple times through the HP Print and Scan Doctor. I've done everything, including realigning the cartridges. 

The colored ink expired in 2018 but is full, and the black ink expires in 2020 and is also full. 

I tried printing in single cartridge mode for both color and black ink, and a blank sheet of paper printed again. 

HP Recommended

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24, 

Okay, is the hardware the software for the printer or the version of Windows that my laptop is operating off of? 

Or, is it the actual printer itself? 

HP Recommended

I believe its the cartridges.

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

Keep me posted

HP Recommended

Yes I've already tried that. It didn't work. Blank pages were printing. 

HP Recommended

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.