Did you mean: 
CLRogers
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer will not work after cancelling instant ink

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cancelled HP Instant ink because I was being billed for ink and receiving ink when I was not in need of ink.  When I cancelled I had 2 full unopened boxes of ink cartridges and I was being billed for pages that were pages that were never printed....  dozens and dozens of pages.  Typically I only print checks...   Anyway, the auto ship service was not working for me and I did not think it was economical or convenient.  Subsequently, I paid for cartridges that were never even opened, let alone used.  You will not allow a return for credit and now you have interupted/stopped/haulted/disabled my ability to print or copy on my HP Printer, from my HP computer with my HP ink that I own and paid for.  So, please tell me how to resolve this issue at midnight on a Friday night when I need to get payoll out for tomorrow morning?   Once upon a time I was a loyal HP custome...   20 years later....  Not so much!

6 REPLIES 6
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,539 3,451
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You did not pay for the cartridges, they are supplied as part of the Instant Ink service and must be returned to HP as they are HPs property.    When you cancel Instant Ink the cartridges no longer work.  Just like when you cancel a credit card, you can no longer charge.  You must replace the cartridges with normal ones bought at your local store.  All explained in the terms and conditions your signed up for.

Missjoy70
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wrong I bought those regular cartridges you speak of and guess what the printer still will not work the only resolve I see is to trash up and buy another brand as up itself has no resolve this is redicolus.

0 Kudos
Sierr0312
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm only using the cartridges that came with the printer (just bought the edited** thing), and I am still experiencing the same issues. Are you telling me that you put instant ink cartridges in with the printers, force us to give you our credit card info before you even finish setting up the printer, and then render the thing default when we don't pay up? Shady as hell.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,229 6,216 454 497
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sierr0312, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
dmc9950
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  InstantInk was not instant...I had to wait 2 weeks to receive my ink...I went to a store and bought HP ink to print from printer. I cancelled the InstantInk a week ago and have tried everything I know of to get the printer to print...next step is to throw it in the trash and never again buy HP printer

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,232 23,188 1,943 3,065
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dmc9950 I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation