Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet ink advantage 2135
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My printer will only print pdf files and images. If I send a office document (excel or word) to print it appears to send it but it will not appear on the printer queue or print it. I read other forum posts on similar issues and have unistalled and reinstalled the HP software for this printer several times as well as checked the drivers but to no success. When I run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software everything comes out fine, in fact I can print the test page from that software. When I run the windows Devices and Printers trouble shooter I get the message that the "USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0" and I get a small text that says "Turn on the printer %PRINTERNAME% . I checked the processor (Intel Core 17 7 Gen) on their page and everything also checks out fine. The computer I am trying to print from is a Lenovo Idea Pad, with one 3.0 USB port and two 2.0 USB ports. I have changed the connection of the printer to everyone of the ports after unistalling and reinstalling the printer software to no avail. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From my experience a such may happen due to insuffisient user permissions.

Plese open the control panel and select User Accounts, then press User Accounts again and take a note of your exact username.

Next right click the Start button and select Run.

Type %temp% and press OK.

Browse one level up and right click the Temp folder, then press Properties.

Within the Security tab click Edit, then press Add and type your username.

Press Check names to verify the username and then press OK.

Check the box next to Allow - Full Control for your user, then press Apply.

Press Yes, then keep pressing Continue for any alert, there might be quite many alerts till you are back within the Security tab.

Now press OK and check if you may see any difference while trying to print.

May you see any difference?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hi,

From my experience a such may happen due to insuffisient user permissions.

Plese open the control panel and select User Accounts, then press User Accounts again and take a note of your exact username.

Next right click the Start button and select Run.

Type %temp% and press OK.

Browse one level up and right click the Temp folder, then press Properties.

Within the Security tab click Edit, then press Add and type your username.

Press Check names to verify the username and then press OK.

Check the box next to Allow - Full Control for your user, then press Apply.

Press Yes, then keep pressing Continue for any alert, there might be quite many alerts till you are back within the Security tab.

Now press OK and check if you may see any difference while trying to print.

May you see any difference?

HP Recommended
That did it, Thank you! I was going crazy trying to figure out the problem. Again Thanks!!!!
HP Recommended

you're much welcome, great to see it is now up and running!

HP Recommended

your solution below was perfect, unbelievable , i have been trying to install uninstall this for 3 hours.

thank you

HP Recommended

I am going through your steps, but always getting hung at "browse one level app...". Mine does not say that. Can you help?

HP Recommended

@1markcribbs1,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

You can click on the back button on the file explorer and it will take you one level up.

Please refer to the below picture.

Image result for back button on file explorerRelated image

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! I will try that out and let you know!

HP Recommended

@singerbill

Sure, please feel free to keep us posted as conveniently as possible.

As @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

Thank you!! Finally it works! For a week i thought the only way solving the problem was to throw the printer away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.