Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5052

So - my old HP printer died - it lasted pretty well so I said hey - let's go get another one.  I did - and it is by the far the BIGGEST mistake I have ever made - I will NEVER recommend or purchase another HP product - EVER

1)  the printer prints great ( can tell because of the test page it spit out), the set up was easy, it is connected to my network, I can see it on all of my devices BUT...

and this is probably pretty important - I have spent the better part of FOUR  hours trying to get this thing installed so I can actually print from my laptop.  After a 1 hour fiasco to find the driver, see the printer, do you want to sign up for this, do you want to sign up for that, hey how about we try to bilk you out of hundreds of dollars for ink that you REALLY don't need I finally get to the point where it LOOKS like it is installing the printer...  after 30 minutes of waiting OOPS - there is an error, do you want to retry? 

Retried 3 times - there are 2 hours lost I will never get back... 

THEN when I try to get to support after another 30 minutes of just trying to get to a chat window or an 800 number I keep getting sent back to the exact same place I started and keep getting asked if I want to load the HP Scan doctor.  No - I do NOT want to load anything else, I JUST want to install the driver so I can use the printer that I PAID for...

Did you know it is virtually impossible to find an 800 number for HP support?  and when you do find it you make that call and realize that they really don't care.  They got their money...  if you want the product to actually work it's gonna cost you more money and time because hey - you are just a customer and don't really matter.  

It is too bad - HP was one of the last companies I really thought was ok.  

Oh - and that whole "we will schedule time to work through this with you" thing - I have a job, a full time job with one day off a week.  I wasted my day on an HP product - but you really don't care because again - you already got your money

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@anne9097

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.