Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6962
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hello,

My printer won't print any color from mobile, computer, or even on the test page.  All ink levels fine and settings are for color, not greyscale.  Only black is printing. 

I tried to clean, realign, uninstall and reinstall printer software, and reinstall the color cartridges themselves. Since it won't print color on the test page, it makes me think that there's a problem with the printer itself, not the communication between printer and device.

Need to print in color for a project ASAP, all help is appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Most likely the color nozzles in the printhead are blocked.

Is your warranty still active?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply!  Doesn't look like the 1-year warranty expired in August of this year.  Is there any material you recommend to try to clean manually?

HP Recommended

Take a look on youtube.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Have continued to clean and align printer, as well as manually clean with a towel.  Guy at staples told me the printhead is broken and I need a new printer.  I've only had it for a little bit over a year.  

HP Recommended

Since the printhead is part of the printer it can not be changed.

HP Recommended

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better, more long-lasting printer?  I use this for envelope printing and other basic printing needs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.