Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp photosmart 5510 eall in one B111 series

Hp photosmart 5510 eall in one B111 series

Printer would not print blk ink only color ink . Then Printer said was low on black ink. I changed the blk ink but then it would not print the black ink. Then printwr said it was low on color ink so I changed all the colors. Clor test shhet printed all colors except black. I have done the clean printhead and alignment several times. The colors come out fine except no black. When I do the alignment it says cartridges are not aligned and try again. I have tried at least 10 times with whole day breaks inbetween trying.and it has not aligned . I tried to make a copy of a paper in blk and white and sheet came out blank. I tried to print a color picture page on plain white paper and the colors had lines in the picture . Please help. 

R

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rkl2020, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Rkl2020, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I called them and if course they told me the printer is old . So that was no help. I did turn it off and unplug it for a week and the color is printing fine now. The black ink is printing out grey instead of black. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.