Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer used to print in color. For some reason now it has stopped. It can copy in color but the print is not working. I have tried following the steps for uninstalling all the drivers but it didn't work. When I print a test page it also comes out in black and white. I tried running the HP Print and Scan doctor but everthing showed up to be working ok. Any advice??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same question. It seems like a lot of others also had the same problem in this other thread but nobody appeared to answer properly.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Printer-Won-t-Print-Colour/td-p/6173461

HP Recommended

It seems to be something with the settings on my computer because I was able to print a color page from my cell phone

HP Recommended

I,ve just printed a copy of my diagnostic sheet and it printed OK with all colours spot on but when printing just comes out various shades of grey

HP Recommended

Have exactly the same problem.  Is it so difficullt for HP to fix?   We are obviously more users with the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.