Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8725

Items sent to print just sit in print queue without moving on a daily basis.

Also refuses to scan on a daily basis.

I have to use HP Print & Scan Dr. daily to get printer to do anything.  This is frustrating and a waste of my time!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Philippa2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues with printing from your computer to the printer. I assume that the printer is connected wireless to the computer. Follow the steps below and try printing-

If the printer is offline, print jobs remain in queue until the printer becomes active again. Open the print queue window and make sure Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline are not selected. If a checkmark displays next to either item, select the item to clear the checkmark.

Figure: Example of print queue printer settings

Print Queue/Spooler  window with the Printer menu open and Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline menu items selected

Delete job files and restart the print spooler

Whenever a print job is sent to the printer a file is created in Windows. Sometimes these files become corrupt and cause problems. To properly reset your printing environment, delete these print job files manually and restart both the computer and the printer.

NOTE: 

Restarting PC or the printer spooler cancels all the jobs from other printer as well, so make sure all the printers installed in the PC are idle or wait for them to complete the printing.

1. Turn off the printer using the power button.

2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.

3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.

The Services menu opens.

4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.

Figure : Example of stop selection for Print Spooler Service

Service window the Print Spooler service selected from the Name list and the Stop selection called out.
  5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.

6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.

7. Restart your computer.

8. Turn on your printer.

9. Try printing again and note what happens.

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.