02-12-2020 06:06 AM
When I try to print I get a message on the printer Cannot print p ress ok to connect printer to update status, then message update in progress this may take several minutes etc if you press ok it just goes back to main menu, nothing prints, nothing in the print queue.
02-14-2020 01:53 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
02-15-2020 01:17 PM
I did try to uninstall, but I got a message, call to driver package uninstall returned error 5 for package and A caller of dp install must be a member of the Admin group to install a driver package. I have tried again same message, it also seems to have disabled the scanner and I can't copy. Any ideas?
02-16-2020 09:26 AM
@TonyS47 I suggest you create a new user account and then try the below steps to check if it works:
Create a TCP IP port:
- 1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address
- 2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
- 3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
- 4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.
This video resource will show you how to do it: Click here to watch
If the issue persists, use the below steps:
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device'
6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")
8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.
If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the windows built-in drivers:
If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.
Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.
See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee