02-07-2020 12:28 AM
I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND WITH THIS STUPID PRINTER!!!!! Every time it runs out of paper and I re-load new paper, it finishes the job then quits printing subsequent jobs stating it is out of paper even though a stack of paper was added. It takes NO LESS than 10 minutes to shut the printer off, then turn it on, then shut it off, then turn it on, shut it off - over and over and over and over and over again. Then when that doesn't work (and it NEVER DOES - I end up having to unplug the stupid thing for five minutes - clear its empty brain, turn it back on, then it will print. I have the same issue when loading a new ink cartridge if one of them runs out of ink. I don't have time to wait over ten minutes each and every time I run out of paper or have to change an ink cartridge to resume working! WHY ISN'T THERE A PLACE TO GO TO "CLEAR" THE ERROR MESSAGE TO LET THIS MINDLESS THING KNOW THE PROBLEM (out of paper/ink cartridge empty) HAS BEEN FIXED!!!! I'm about to pull my hair out!
02-10-2020 10:38 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience with the printer. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, perform a factory reset on the printer
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee