12-16-2019 03:29 PM
Printer has stopped printing from my computer. Prints fine from my wifes computer and her phone. Print and Scan Doctor has shown no issues and will print test scan without issue. I have rebooted everything, reinstalled etc, no effect.
If I try to print something it seems to send it ok but no print appears. Shows one pending document briefly on spooler then no documents whatsoever.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-19-2019 01:31 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Did you uninstall the printer driver from root level?
If not, follow the below steps:
Delete job files and restart
Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
In Windows, search for and open Services.
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop.
After the service stops, close the Services window.
In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS.
Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
Shut down your computer.
Connect the printer power cord to the power outlet, and then turn on the printer.
Turn on the computer, and then try to print. If the issue persists.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
12-29-2019 05:57 AM
Yes. I had done all of those steps. Then my son, who is an IT engineer did exactly the same. And it still wouldn't print.
Apparently that there are many issues with Windows update downloads which conflict with HP printers, so he did a full Windows reinstall, and lo and behold, it now works again.