Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: Officejet 4630

I just updated my office with a new router.  Updated the new IP address to the printer but my printer will not print like before.   I can scan a document but wont print documents that I need printed.  Also HP sucks because I would like to immediately speak to someone to address this issue instead of posting my issue on a help board.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KawiJoe42 

I gently remind you that our community Experts are not obligated to assist - insulting us is unnecessary.

The community does not provide phone contacts - our means of communicating with other members is restricted to the tools provided here on the community forum.  "We" are not HP Technical Support - we are a volunteer staffed community of owners and users of HP technology.

Should you like to speak with HP Technical Support, you may open a case with HP Support.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).

• Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.  In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided:  Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option – Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

1. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, first submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact by Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

==================================================================

If you decide, help is available for connecting the printer after you change the router on your network.

Wireless printing center

For example:

Left column - Category: Reconfigure a Printer

Select subject:  Replacing your wireless router

Category Common questions

Select subject:  Printer no longer works on the network

From your printer Support Website pages...

Troubleshooting

Includes access to the

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

and other documents, including

No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Printer is Offline (Windows)

Documents and help are also available for Mac OS...

Specifications - What the printer can do

Reminder:  Printer connects to the 2.4GHz bandwidth on your router.  Make sure your new router is broadcasting on both bandwidths.  Assign separate SSIDs to each and connect your printer to the SSID assigned to the 2.4GHz band.

User Guide 

Chapter 9 - Connectivity - starting on page 81

and

Chapter 10 - Solve a problem - Resolve networking issues - Page 110

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.