12-27-2019 01:08 PM
I just updated my office with a new router. Updated the new IP address to the printer but my printer will not print like before. I can scan a document but wont print documents that I need printed. Also HP sucks because I would like to immediately speak to someone to address this issue instead of posting my issue on a help board.
12-27-2019 04:44 PM
I gently remind you that our community Experts are not obligated to assist - insulting us is unnecessary.
The community does not provide phone contacts - our means of communicating with other members is restricted to the tools provided here on the community forum. "We" are not HP Technical Support - we are a volunteer staffed community of owners and users of HP technology.
Should you like to speak with HP Technical Support, you may open a case with HP Support.
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option – Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, first submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact by Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
If you decide, help is available for connecting the printer after you change the router on your network.
Left column - Category: Reconfigure a Printer
Select subject: Replacing your wireless router
Category Common questions
Select subject: Printer no longer works on the network
From your printer Support Website pages...
Includes access to the
and other documents, including
Documents and help are also available for Mac OS...
Specifications - What the printer can do
Reminder: Printer connects to the 2.4GHz bandwidth on your router. Make sure your new router is broadcasting on both bandwidths. Assign separate SSIDs to each and connect your printer to the SSID assigned to the 2.4GHz band.
Chapter 9 - Connectivity - starting on page 81
Chapter 10 - Solve a problem - Resolve networking issues - Page 110
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer
Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)
Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.