Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have just changed my ink cartridges and now the printer isn't working, there is a flashing envelope with a droplet symbol and the information button is flashing.  Please help!

Ashley

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi, I've had the same problem with my printer too, it wouldn't print anything except the Information Page. I've just read through that and it says "There was a problem with your HP Instant Ink account"..I've logged on and my billing information was out of date, I've updated it and it's working fine now so could be that with you? 🙂 Hope that helps

CJ

HP Recommended

@bigsmash 

You can sign in and check your Instant Ink account at hpinstantink.com.  There are notifications and help for getting your account and printer back up and running.  

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

i dont have any hp ink account ,but i have the same problem ,what i can do thanks

HP Recommended

@erniu2u2 

HI, see if this documents helps you find the error and resolve.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04595284

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

I've got an instant Ink account which is up to date. I have just been sent new ink, which i installed and printed a couple of pages (including the alignment page) fine. I now have the same flashing envelope and droplet sign and my printer says it's offline. I have performed a reset, turned it off and on, tried the old cartridges again, cleaned the cartridges, re-installed it on my laptop, run the HP doctor app (which said it was online, even though the printer states otherwise) and performed every 'help' I have found on the HP help pages.

It is still not working.

Does anyone have any advice please??

HP Recommended

@Marvel_and_DC Welcome to HP Community!
Since you haven't mentioned which printer you've got, here's a generic document to help you with the printer offline message: click here

Also, I recommend you click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works,

Meanwhile, here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks

Its a HP 2600 series. (Deskjet 2630) 

I have previously ran the scan doctor and it decided it was working fine and was online... It is not! 

HP Recommended

@Marvel_and_DC

Make sure the printer is connected to the Internet for the Instant Ink server to contact your printer.

1. Check if the wireless blue light on the printer is Off/steady or blinking.
  2. If it is Off, then press the wireless button to turn ON the wireless on the printer.
  3. If it is blinking, it means it is not connected to the wireless network. Follow these steps to connect:

Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

Note: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

You may also restart the wireless router and then try printing or login to the Instant Ink account.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, the light is solid blue... it is connected to the wifi because my laptop detects it wirelessly. 
the orange ink light is flashing though. With an envelope and droplet flashing on the panel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.