07-26-2019 03:30 AM
After installing drivers for Hp officejet pro 7730. I can’t even print network settings from the printer. It can’t print from the computer too. I can’t photo copy too. It indicate on the printer screen that printing but absolutely nothing happens. When I try switching it off the screen displays shutting down and would be on for like hours unless I switch it off from the main switch. I try photocopying too still the printer indicate printing on the printer screen. It still doesn’t print
07-28-2019 12:58 PM
@Martmens, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.
For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Let me know if this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
08-21-2019 08:36 AM
There is a red with white dash at the cartridge side and when I print the printing shows and nothing happens. I can’t switch it off unless I remove the power cable. And moreover the cartridge is detected but I don’t see the number of papers it can print. These are some pictures
08-23-2019 11:37 AM
Are you using the cartridges that were installed on any other printer?
Are you signed up for instant ink?
Are you using genuine HP ink?
If the cartridge was used on any other printer, the user has an option to enable cartridge protection. If it is enabled, you will not be able to use the cartridges on any other printer.
For an HP Forums port which explains this, please click here.
If you wish to disable this feature, you can follow the procedure mentioned below.
1. Open Devices and Printers Window from the Control panel.
2. Find your HP printer in the list and double-click it to open the Settings page.
3. Click the text for Estimated Ink Levels under the heading of Shopping Resources. This
will open the HP Toolbox window.
4. Click the tab for Cartridge Protection.
5. Click the radio button next to Disable HP Cartridge Protection.
6. Click the Save Setting button to save your new setting. Then, close the window.
7. You may need to remove and reinstall the cartridge for it to be recognized properly.
Hope this answers your query!
Take Care! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee