Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 3210
Microsoft Windows XP
Hi,
I tried printing a letter and the printer barely put any ink on the page. It did this multiple times. I then had the printer print a test page and the result was horrendous. Then I went to the printer tools page and both cleaned the printhead and aligned the printer and it was still printing bad pages. By bad I mean the colors went correct, missing text and images, and very faded.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Cbeck05,

Welcome to HP Forum. I am happy to help you.

For cartridges from newly opened package

• Is the ink cartridge sealed in the original package until it is installed?
  • Is it stored at temperatures between -15 and 35 degrees Celsius (5 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit)?
For cartridges that have been used and stored in printer
  • To keep cartridges from drying out, always turn the printer off using the Power button, and wait until the Power light goes out before you pull the plug or turn off a power strip. This allows the printer to move the cartridges to a capped position.
  • If you remove a cartridge from the printer for any reason, try to replace it again as soon as possible. Outside of the printer, if unprotected, cartridges begin to dry out. If the printer uses separate ink cartridges and printhead, the printhead can be damaged if cartridges are not installed.

Click here for more details from HP Customer Support. Hope it helps!

Although I am a HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
***Click Kudos! if this solution works for you or if you like this post.***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Cbeck05,

Welcome to HP Forum. I am happy to help you.

For cartridges from newly opened package

• Is the ink cartridge sealed in the original package until it is installed?
  • Is it stored at temperatures between -15 and 35 degrees Celsius (5 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit)?
For cartridges that have been used and stored in printer
  • To keep cartridges from drying out, always turn the printer off using the Power button, and wait until the Power light goes out before you pull the plug or turn off a power strip. This allows the printer to move the cartridges to a capped position.
  • If you remove a cartridge from the printer for any reason, try to replace it again as soon as possible. Outside of the printer, if unprotected, cartridges begin to dry out. If the printer uses separate ink cartridges and printhead, the printhead can be damaged if cartridges are not installed.

Click here for more details from HP Customer Support. Hope it helps!

Although I am a HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
***Click Kudos! if this solution works for you or if you like this post.***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.