Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Unknown

Hi I have a printhead failure message on the startup screen and cant get beyond that. I've cleaned the printhead as instructed and the cartridges are  new HP,  made no difference. help would be appreciated. Docc

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

@DC-Docc

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Meanwhile, let's try to reset the Printer here:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the switching it off method  - makes no difference. 

HP Recommended

Tried everything suggested on the HP website, including this unplug, plugin, etc., explanation.  Nothing worked.  So, my resolution was to simply purchase a new printer; a new BROTHER printer.  The salesperson at the store I purchased my new printer knew all about the problems we are having with H P printers (and then some) and that he no longer recommends them any more.  The Brother printer was easy to set up, the toners are in a more convenient and easily accessible location.  It no longer interferes with the "print head" which already tells me that a print head issue will no longer be a problem.  

From what I see, this print head issue is not just with my 8625, but with other printers as well.  Something is definitely not right.

HP Recommended

I have done all the diagnostic  procedures with no improvement. the printer will power up and run the self test.. showing printhead failure.

HP Recommended

I have done all of that several times. I just want a part number for a new printhead, so I can buy one and get on with fixing this problem.

HP Recommended

Forget this. it has been of NO HELP.

HP Recommended

Don't even bother, Donn2!  It won't justify the cost of simply purchasing a new printer.

HP Recommended

problem still exists

HP Recommended

Guess I'll be going out and buying a Brother Printer as well. Got nowhere with service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.