Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

First of all I don’t know where the print head is so where do I clean it, brought a man of compressed air , now what

HP Recommended

HP 8620, shows “there is a problem with the printer ink system” After replacing all the cartridges with new HP ones,  black has a red X just as it did with cartridge I removed, removed ink assuming, cleaned everything, same error

HP Recommended

8620 and I have done all that 6 times

HP Recommended

Turning off and unpluging it doesn’t work. 

HP Recommended

HP Officejet 4630  I put a new HP Black ink  cartridge in.  When it printed the alignment page, it was incomplete but I went ahead and tried to scan it.  The scan failed.  After several attempts I took the black cartridge out and repeated with only the tricolor cartridge in place and left the black cartridge out for several hours as per trouble shooting page on web.  The printing worked as it should with only the tricolor ink.  When I put the black in, I encountered the same problem.  I just did the unplug/replug procedure but it still gives me an incomplete alignment page and failed scan message.

HP Recommended

Hello Crane2,

I have the same problem but my all in one is a HP Officejet 6700 of older than two years, probably 8 years. Problem develop recently. Fix only works intermittently before error message returns.  I guess time to buy new printer.

HP Recommended

My Officejet 8620 says ( the printer has failed and can no longer print Please refer to printer documant

Please Help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

That didn't work.  I still have the "System Ink Error".  What next??

HP Recommended

I agree.   Too complicated to figure out all the different screens and the three possible solutions.

That there are several thousand views trying to get a solution to the print-head problem and the Office Max tech support shook their heads and mumbled about the issues indicates that the quality control at HP has deteriorated over the past decade.

Also, to have print-head replacement(s) total more than the printer is ridiculous.

Finally, while working through the different screens with constant sales pitches is ridiculous.

HP Recommended

Exactly the same issue.  Grrrrrr.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.