07-17-2019 03:53 AM - last edited on 07-19-2019 12:34 PM by Arthur-c
Hi I have a printhead failure message on the startup screen and cant get beyond that. I've cleaned the printhead as instructed and the cartridges are new HP, made no difference. help would be appreciated. Docc
07-20-2019 03:37 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.
Meanwhile, let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
I am an HP Employee
07-24-2019 03:51 PM
Tried everything suggested on the HP website, including this unplug, plugin, etc., explanation. Nothing worked. So, my resolution was to simply purchase a new printer; a new BROTHER printer. The salesperson at the store I purchased my new printer knew all about the problems we are having with H P printers (and then some) and that he no longer recommends them any more. The Brother printer was easy to set up, the toners are in a more convenient and easily accessible location. It no longer interferes with the "print head" which already tells me that a print head issue will no longer be a problem.
From what I see, this print head issue is not just with my 8625, but with other printers as well. Something is definitely not right.