cancel
Gigi68 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

First of all I don’t know where the print head is so where do I clean it, brought a man of compressed air , now what

0 Kudos
JoeCarrSr Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 32 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

HP 8620, shows “there is a problem with the printer ink system” After replacing all the cartridges with new HP ones,  black has a red X just as it did with cartridge I removed, removed ink assuming, cleaned everything, same error

JoeCarrSr Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 33 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

8620 and I have done all that 6 times

CindyC64 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 34 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

Turning off and unpluging it doesn’t work. 

crane2 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 35 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

HP Officejet 4630  I put a new HP Black ink  cartridge in.  When it printed the alignment page, it was incomplete but I went ahead and tried to scan it.  The scan failed.  After several attempts I took the black cartridge out and repeated with only the tricolor cartridge in place and left the black cartridge out for several hours as per trouble shooting page on web.  The printing worked as it should with only the tricolor ink.  When I put the black in, I encountered the same problem.  I just did the unplug/replug procedure but it still gives me an incomplete alignment page and failed scan message.

0 Kudos
Actionable Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

Hello Crane2,

I have the same problem but my all in one is a HP Officejet 6700 of older than two years, probably 8 years. Problem develop recently. Fix only works intermittently before error message returns.  I guess time to buy new printer.

0 Kudos
Mag2night Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

My Officejet 8620 says ( the printer has failed and can no longer print Please refer to printer documant

Please Help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Cjames01 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 38 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

That didn't work.  I still have the "System Ink Error".  What next??

0 Kudos
Ivan42 Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 39 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

I agree.   Too complicated to figure out all the different screens and the three possible solutions.

That there are several thousand views trying to get a solution to the print-head problem and the Office Max tech support shook their heads and mumbled about the issues indicates that the quality control at HP has deteriorated over the past decade.

Also, to have print-head replacement(s) total more than the printer is ridiculous.

Finally, while working through the different screens with constant sales pitches is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Ivan42 Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 40 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printhead Failure

Exactly the same issue.  Grrrrrr.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation