05-05-2020 07:14 PM - last edited on 05-05-2020 07:32 PM by Ozzie-P
A couple of days ago, the printer firmware updated itself.
Since then, it has been reporting the dreaded "Printhead missing, …" error.
I looked online and found instructions to partially reset / semi-hard rest the printer.
- Every time I go through the reset process (I have done this FOUR TIMES!!!),
- The printhead calibration page comes out fine
- The back page prints fine
- The welcome page for HP ePrint also prints
- Printer reports that the printhead has been calibrated for the best results
However, when I actually try to print a page, it fails with the "Printhead missing, …" error.
Why is this happening? Is the firmware update buggy? Is there a way to downgrade the firmware version.
05-13-2020 07:41 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "Problem with printhead"
Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Try the steps in the document --Error Indicates Faulty Printhead
If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!