Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6962

I need HELP! I received my HP Office Jet 6962 a while back but just had a chance last night to get it set up. Got everything out of the box, got it all plugged in to start doing the initial install, got through the first steps of removing all the packaging and tape on it, installed the ink, and put the paper in the tray. Then I start the next step which was to supposedly print a test sheet BUT this popped on the display screen, "There is a problem with the printhead!" I was up till after 12am  last night and been at it all day today and can't figure it out! I've done everything it has told me to do on HP Smart App, Goggle, and YouTube. I don't know what else to do.  The warranty went dead April. 20, 2020. I don't want to have to buy a new printer, this is a brand new one right out of the box! HELP, PLEASE!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HarleyChic

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand you are not able to print due to this error. Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue.

If the error persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.