Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I'm getting the following error message on my Officejet Pro 8610 printer: 'The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. Error code: 0xc19a0003.

The printer is about 18 months old. Is it dead or repairable does anyone know?

many thanks

Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can check if the connection of the prinhead is clean.
Sometimes theese printers show this error with non-OEM cartridges, but most likely the prithead is dead and needs to be replaced. 

Just a electronics enthusiast trying to fix everything.
If this reply was helpful, click on the "yes" below to let others know. 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved:)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can check if the connection of the prinhead is clean.
Sometimes theese printers show this error with non-OEM cartridges, but most likely the prithead is dead and needs to be replaced. 

Just a electronics enthusiast trying to fix everything.
If this reply was helpful, click on the "yes" below to let others know. 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved:)

HP Recommended

Many thanks for that. Cartridges are HP, so will investigate replacing the printhead.

HP Recommended

My printhead went "Missing" with the error codes as well. Tried all the HP recommended & online tactics but realize that I had the same issue on two previous printers that I'd used for the same amount of time.

This isn't clogged printheads or a random failure, this is built-in obsolescence. It was most likely supposed to fail. HP, Canon, Dell, Epson - they are all designed to make money on the toner/ink cartridge replacements & don't design the hardware to last. Fortunately for me, I buy printers at Costco. So every two years,  with Costco's excellent return policy, I return mine for full value, & purchase a new one. So I did this, for the third time, and was able to use my same ink cartridges because I got another HP printer. "Take it back" is a sad solution for what should be a dependable machine from a reputable company. But this is the only solution I've found for the last 3 printers!

HP Recommended

I found the new print head but it was back ordered and $120. I can buy a new printer for about that so I am on the way to Costco. Why do they always break when you are doing a very impotant, time sensitive task?

My main comncern is finding one that will use same cartridges since I just bought cartridges and cut open boxes so they cannot be returned

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.