11-14-2019 02:07 PM
Keep getting message " Printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed". Have disconnected printer and reconnected, have removed printhead and replaced, still get the message. Any suggestions?
11-17-2019 12:19 PM
@Gregr11, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This issue is related to the printhead of the printer. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, perform step 2 mentioned in this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee