Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi -

I am trying to print size A6 envelopes with my new HP Officejet Pro 8620.  I know that that envelope size is not listed as one of the envelope sizes supported by the 8620.  However, my first attempts at printing on the envelopes were successful (with the exception that everything printed lower on the envelope than it appeared in Word, but I could live with that).  Those first attempts at printing were test prints so that I could make sure everything worked before doing a mail-merge print job on the envelopes. 

After the successful test print jobs, I ran mail-merge and attempted to print a test envelope through mail merge (instead of printing out all 115 envelopes, I attempted to print one envelope to make sure everything was working properly), but now the envelope is not printing correctly.  The printer takes the envelope into the printer and in the process the envelope gets folded diagonally.  The front left corner of the envelope gets folded over approximately 1/2 of the rest of the envelope.  The printer prints, but the end result is a folded envelope with some text on the front of the envelope and some text on the back of the envelope where the fold is located.    

Are there any thoughts on why this is happening or how I can fix it? 

I would really like to find a solution to be able to use the 8620 to print these envelopes (it is not a cheap printer and I do not want to have to get a new one).  It’s really surprising to me that A6 envelopes are not listed as supported by the 8620.  It is a very common envelope size.

Absent a solution to be able to use the 8620 to print the A6 envelopes, are there any HP inkjet printers that can print A6 envelopes?  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, the 8620 has a A6 size listed in the preferences/paper quality/advanced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I believe the A6 size that is listed is for paper, not envelopes.  I believe there is a difference in size between A6 paper and A6 envelopes.

In any event, any thoughts on why my printer is folding the envelopes or how to fix it?

HP Recommended

Create a A6 envelope using the info in this HP link. (4.75x6.50)

Make sure to use something else as the Paper Type besides plain paper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.