Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey was wondering if someone can help me!

I'm trying to print out labels with the Avery templates on an HP OfficeJet 3830 printer. One of the main and mandatory steps is in the preferences of your printer you go to the media drop-down menu and there should be an option for labels, however, there isn't that option for me. All that's available is 5 to 6 options regarding glossy or matte paper options. I've followed a number of threads here for advice such as uninstalling my printer, its drivers, etc. and reinstalling, resetting to factory settings, testing and trying every drop-down menu and mixing around settings. I can't seem to get anywhere with this and without it choosing labels, it zooms into the document for print.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What program are you using to print the template?

What is the template?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.