Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am printing from a HP Deskjet 1050, and I was printing 5 pages of prints. After 2 successful pages, the last 3 pages came out completely blank, then my black cartridge light on the printer turned on. At first I thought I was low on ink, but I had just bought a brand new ink cartridge a couple days ago. I continued to try printing, but the printer prints nothing but blanks over and over again. I followed all the troubleshoot steps from the HP support website, and I was still unable to resolve the issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @nellynelchan ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

There are several possible reasons for that kind of error. I would like you to do the following steps.

Take a handkerchief and the black cartridge. Now press the cartridge like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, black colored strip. Is this the case?
If there is no or very little ink on the handkerchief, moisten the handkerchief slightly and press the cartridge again, this time for about 30 seconds on it, until more ink comes out.
Afterwards, re-insert the cartridge and run a cartridge clean, if necessary.

What is the result? Don't worry, we'll find the problem. 😉

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hey Nils,

I pressed the ink cartridge on a handkerchief like you said, and there was a lot of ink that got on the handkerchief. How do I run the cartridge clean on Windows 10? The steps I saw online is not the same for my windows and says it uses the the HP Smart app?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

@nellynelchan wrote:

How do I run the cartridge clean on Windows 10? The steps I saw online is not the same for my windows and says it uses the the HP Smart app?

That is not necessary. I think there is some communication problem which causes the issue. Please clean the electrical contacts between printer and cartridge by using this manual: -->  HP inkjet printers - Cleaning the Contacts

In addition to that, please reset the printer. To do so, just follow these steps:

1. Turn on the printer and wait until it stops making noise
2. Remove both cartridges and close the access door.
3. Now, with the printer on, unplug the power plug from the back of the printer and wait 60 seconds.
4. now plug in the power cable and put the cartridges back in.

Let me know how it turns out! 😊

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.