cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Printing Photos on Photo Paper on a Chromebook

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5255
Chrome OS

I have an HP Officejet 5255 and am planning on printing some photos at home using some glossy HP photo paper as well as just glossy paper in general. However, I am having trouble with the print settings on my Asus Chromebook because it doesn't have any advanced choice where I can select the paper type (ie. glossy photopaper). I am only able to choose the size of the paper I am going to print. Nor do I have any control over my print quality as it only goes to normal. Are there any particular settings that I can find on my computer or printer that would enable me to print the best quality photos on photo paper? HP has a photo printing tutorial for macOS and Windows 10 but none for the Chromebooks. 

Thank You. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,697 13,690 889 1,057
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@miamina, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The print setting options are limited on Chromebooks. There are no print drivers available for Chromebook. You will have to either use a MAC or a Win PC to use the print settings where you may change the paper type and print quality. While loading the media try to choose the correct paper type and paper size on the printer.

For more info, refer to this document - Printing from a Chromebook

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have actually found the solution to my problem. I found that when loading paper into the paper tray there is a pop-up that asks if I would like to modify the type of paper I am using (ie. photo paper, glossy paper, matte paper and light/recycled), as well as the size of the paper that has been loaded (ie. letter, legal, executive...). I didn't notice this beforehand but it is definitely convenient to know. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation