Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650 All-In-One
macOS 10.15 Catalina
I have had my OfficeJet 4650, for 2+ years and it has been great. At this time of the year, I print address labels on Avery Sheets. It has worked wonderfully over the years and was just fine last year, using the same MacBook Pro (15inch, 2016). I haven't changed any settings on my OJ4650 since I got it. The only things that changed from last year --when I was able to print single-sided -- to this year are several updates of the macOS. I am now on Catalina 10.15.1 and despite removing the Printer Driver and re-installing the latest one (Oct 2019), I am totally stuck and can't find any way to turn off the "double-sided" attribute.

Hope someone can help. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@captain-phi, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you are unable to print single-sided from your computer. This could either be an issue with the print driver settings or the driver itself. Let us try to isolate the issue and then resolve it-

Firstly, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website. With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Next, check the settings on the application that you're trying to print from. Use this document HP Printers - Print Settings Guide (Mac)  for reference.

Also, you can try adding the printer using AirPrint drivers. Here is how you do it- 

Restart the devices and follow the steps.

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.